Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

crash landings

I often think about blogging on things that happen in my day to day life, but then life keeps happening!  So here is a little update:
Our little guy is 18 months now!  Holy Cow!  He is such a busy boy.  He says things like, "Ball, doggy, daddy, Reese- our dog- but it sounds more like Eese."  He finally said "mommy!"  He calls everything to drink "water"  He even says little phrases like "can't get down" or "I'm stuck!"  He is so funny!  He makes me laugh all of the time. Even when I am having a bad day, he gets me to smile instantly.

We just put carpet in my daughters room and Phillip just got out of the bathtub.  We asked him what he thought of the new room.  He took off his towel and laid down naked on the new carpet.  We all were laughing and I said, "Well I guess he likes it!"  Tonight after the bath he dropped his towel and peed on the radiator in her room.  Oh wow!  I wonder how soon is too soon to start potty training!

My family and I went to a hotel near our parent's cabin over Thanksgiving break.  My husband and our four kiddos stayed in a hotel for two nights. (Natalie, Phillip, and our two foster daughters)  The hotel had a little water park.  We had a blast swimming.  The hotel allowed us to take the little ones down the waterslides with us.  After about fifteen times going down the waterslide, I thought I was an old pro.  I started to sit down while holding Phillip and I slipped. I fell directly on an edge on my butt!  The only other thing would have been to grab the bar and drop Phillip, but I am glad I didn't do that.  It hurt so bad that if the lifeguard wasn't right behind me I would have cried!  So later in the elevator I showed Phill, my husband the huge red mark on my butt. He yelled at me because there were video cameras!  Ooops!

So later that night I discovered a huge baseball size bruise on my butt. It is a little ridiculous!  But mommy's come with lots of battle scars- even in all places!!

No comments:

Post a Comment