Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Our BIG Exciting Move...to Kenya

So we are putting almost everything we own up for sale.  (House, cars, camper, furniture, etc. ) Phill, Marquite, Natalie, Phillip and I are about to embark on an amazing journey.  Our plan is to go to Kenya to live for about a year or so depending on how long we are able to stay.  We will come back home when our time is up. We are so excited to start our journey in Kenya! We have a trusted group of friends who will be making sure we are safe and taken care of.  

Our timeline isn't set yet because we need to do three BIG things first...and about a million little things!  We need to sell our house. It will go up on the market this week.  We will need to get affordable health insurance to protect us incase of any emergencies, and we will need to fundraise enough money to live for the time we are planning to be in Kenya.  

Five years ago I went to Kenya for two weeks. I fell in love with everything about Kenya. I have wanted to go back for years.  I have had opportunities, but never felt right about leaving my responsibilities and my children behind.  When I went in 2009, I had an almost 2 year old daughter at home with her grandparents. I made a promise that the next time I went, she would go too. My daughter just turned seven yesterday.  

My husband, Phill, has been to Kenya seven times. He just got back a couple weeks ago when our church took a group. They had an amazing experience and Phill came back with some great project ideas.  Phill even helped me fulfill my dream of working with women who suffered from the same birth injury that I had after I had my second child. (Obstetric fistula) The only difference between these women and me is location.  I was born in America and I was able to get my surgery paid for while women in other countries suffer greatly. I will have an amazing opportunity to share my story and help other women suffering from this condition. 

Phill and I will be posting a lot about our journey and I hope to someday put it all together as a book.  We just want to say thank you to everyone for all of your support and prayers.  Please keep our family in your prayers.  We feel so incredibly blessed that we are feeling called to do this amazing mission.  We have plenty of room for you to come and visit! We would love it!

1 comment:

  1. You and your family are AMAZING and inspiring Jodie!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete