Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

My reason for Kenya

Today was the whole reason I came to Kenya. Most of you know the struggles I overcame in 2010 with Postpartum Depression and my three surgeries to correct the birth injury I endured after my son was born. It was called an obstetric fistula. I was blessed to live in a country where I got the surgery I needed to heal me. 

There are thousands of women in other countries who are not so lucky. They suffer in horrible ways you can research on your own and are outcasts in their own families. Many of these women simply gave birth without the resources or aftercare they needed. Many of these women in Kenya and other countries suffer from FGM or female genital mutilation. This is illegal but unfortunately still practiced. This practice of FGM is a huge reason these women suffer from fistulas. Today I met with this group of 10 women who have a heart for helping women in Kenya. I don't know their stories yet, but many had surgeries and small infants with them. There is a lot of need for this group Freedom from Fistula. One way I will ask is for prayers for this group. My mother-in-law and I have joined this group today. The other way you could help is to sponsor one of these women by helping them purchase a 200 pound bag of maize(corn) so they can feed their families, sell for profit, and start a business. The sponsorship is $30 for one woman. The weather has been dry here so the crops they were counting on didn't bring any profit. 


If you can help it would be most appreciated! Here are two ways to help. You can send money via paypal to phill.klamm@gmail.com.   
You could also send a check to 
SOAR KENYA 
6230 Kuehn Road
Waunakee, WI
53597
(Pay to order of SOAR KENYA)

Please send me a message so I can keep record.

Thank you and God Bless!
Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment