Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Friday, December 12, 2014

One person at a time

It's been a little over a week now since we have arrived in Kenya. I was not prepared for the emotional stress I would feel so early on. I thought that nothing will be a shock to me because I have been here before, five years ago, for two weeks. So basically I am an expert on Kenya.

Not even close.  I remembered the kids in ragged clothes and worn shoes. Some have no shoes at all and some wear the same clothes everyday. I remembered the hustle of the city markets. I remembered the dust that clogs my eyes making it impossible to wear contacts. 

I forgot the constant tugging on my heart that I would feel. The need here is so great. It is so overwhelming at times. I started writing it all down in a notebook and it was too much for me to think about. I just prayed to God and asked him to fulfill his purpose in me. That was the day I met that lady in the street and gave her my leftovers from lunch. She told our friend, Joab, "I am hungry and God told me to ask you."  

I can do this one day at a time. One person at a time. I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. It isn't overwhelming to me once I give all my trust to God and ask him what he needs us to do. He will make the path clear. He will show us the way. He always does. It doesn't mean it is easy. There have been many tears and lots of anxiety because that is how I normally deal with stress. When you give it all to God he can multiply our blessings by many and the anxiety and stress subsides cause you are at peace. 

Love
Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment