Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas in Kenya

It has been an amazing journey so far. I am loving Kenya just like I remembered it. I love the people here.  We have so many great connections and relationships over the past years that has made this so great. I feel safe and secure in our home and very well loved. 
The kids are doing great. They are loving it here. There is always a new person to meet, a new adventure to explore, and lots to learn. 
I do not miss the snow or the cold. I Do miss the Christmas cookies I see all over Facebook, but I will survive. My mother-in-law and I will try our version of peanut butter balls and Bloody Marys on Christmas so stay tuned!  


I have gotten to do some amazing things in my short time. We have been able to provide work for lots of people. Our mud house, which I was against in the beginning, has turned out to be a very great thing. It has bonded us with our neighbors here and provided many jobs for people who normally wouldn't have work. I got really muddy and a lot of the ladies I worked with laughed to see a white woman mudding. I loved it!

Many of you have donated to our Christmas goats and Christmas chicken project. This is a gift that keeps on giving. Most of the people who will be receiving an animal will keep it to keep reproducing. Goats and chickens are a good investment for Kenyans. They don't cost much to take care of or feed. 
We were given a male goat as a gift from one of our good friends. They don't have much to give, but they gave us a goat. We were all speechless. It was such a symbol of respect and gratitude because in the past travelers helped this family out.  
(We have to tie him up because he wants to mate with all the female goats)

Thank you to all of you who have given to our projects. You truly have changed a life. Just a little giving can go a long way here in Kenya. I hope someday you will come to see for yourselves how much you have impacted this area. 

Lastly Thank you to my husband. I am so proud of you for not being afraid to follow your dreams and passion. I am extremely blessed to be your wife, or as our night guard Ben calls me, Mrs. Phill. ( It sounds like Mrs. Feel). 


Merry Christmas and God Bless you!
Love from Kenya,
Jodie

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you are getting settled in. Merry Christmas and have a great one

    ReplyDelete