Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Happiness and Running

We have been here about one month. It seems like we just got here. I am loving living in Kenya. The weather is just about perfect. It is hot during the day like 80-90's. Cool at night 50's. Sometimes it rains for 30 minutes or longer. Phill and I got sunburned a couple times. We complain but then realize oh yeah, we are in Africa. It is beautiful here. I love the mountains and the trees. There are white doves that fly around. It is probably the most beautiful place in the world. The kids are my favorite. 

Natalie and I went for a run/walk today. There were kids lined up and down the road yelling" Wazungo kimbia!!"  Which means white people running. Then they laugh because they think it is so funny!!  It is like no matter how tired you are running there is always a cheering section of kids who want to high five you. Sometimes kids run behind you. I want to make a short video for you to see how amazing this is. I will make a video so I can show you the kids in torn clothes, barefoot, and smiling the biggest smiles in the world. Not to say look at these poor kids can you please donate money so I can buy them shoes?  But to say these are God's beautiful children embracing something/ someone who is different and loving them.  They are truly happy and such a gift to see each day. I plan to run because I love to run, but mostly because I love to see my new little friends. I have said it before and I will say it again," Some of the happiest people I have ever met have very little."  

No comments:

Post a Comment