Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Monday, January 31, 2011

29 and holding...

So I was bragging on my Facebook status last week that I got carded at the local grocery store. The lady really made me feel like a million bucks! I wanted to kiss her. But I didn't.   It totally made my year so far.
But then a few days later I went bowling with my kids and I twisted my knee and jammed my finger in the bowling ball.

I am about to turn 30 in two months. It is scaring me and I really am in denial about it. I feel like I am saying goodbye to my youth... forever. I thought I would sit in bed a cry all day and look at old pictures of my childhood when I was young.
What a waste. How silly. I should be excited about this new chapter in my life. Besides 30 is a much more grown up number. When we are in our 30's we become sexy and sophisticated. We are much more mature and our true beauty is starting to be revealed.

30 says goodbye to the 20's.  We had a good run.  There was lots of partying in college, breakups, graduating for college, getting married, getting pregnant with my sweet daughter, getting pregnant with my adorable little son, fostering a total of ten children, starting new jobs, traveling to Kenya and Sri Lanka and overcoming an illness known as Postpartum depression.

Just like I was ready to say goodbye to 2010, I will be ready to say goodbye to my 20's. In this next decade, I hope to attend a lot of graduation parties, attend weddings, run a marathon-gulp, maybe have another baby- we will see what God's plan is for us, start a new career, travel back to Kenya and many other places, take a trip to Disney world with my kids, get bleacher butt watching my kids in sports, and learning and growing stronger.

I will also make sure to get the same lady at the check out.

5 comments:

  1. Love this! It's a wonderful way to look at it. And I've been dying for you to get into your 30's so I won't feel old next to you. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish we could be pregnant buddies together, but maybe this is better so we can be supportive- one of us hormonal, one of us rational. Who am I kidding- I am the hormonal one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss the fresh face from my twenties but not the emotional turbulence. I feel much better now at 33.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o you'll LOVE the 30's.....and if you get pregnant today....you could have a baby on 11/11/11. at any rate....the 30's club is super fun! And my OB once said that even if you aren't currently pregnant you can blame anything you want on any previous pregnancy FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Hormones, forgetfullness, bladder control (o dear God..isn't that pleasant?)as I digress...you get the drift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited to join the club, the 20's was fun, but I am getting too old for life in the 20's! I agree we get to use any excuse we want after the torture we endure during pregnancy and motherhood!!

    ReplyDelete