Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011...Thank God!

I often tell people that 2010 was giving me the "middle finger." It was a rough year, but even through the storm of life, I got a beautiful little boy out of this. I would do it all again if I had to just for him.
We went out to celebrate New Years with all my siblings, my cousin and a friend. It was amazing. I was so excited for the clock to strike midnight because that would be the finish to this year. But as absent minded as I can be, I was dancing to the "Cupid Shuffle" at my hometown establishment and almost missed it! One year my best friend and I were in the bathroom and missed New Years!  I made it in time to kiss my husband, my brothers, my brother-in-law, my cousin and our friend. (on the cheek, except my husband) Then I gave my sister a huge hug. It was such an amazing feeling to know that I would never have to go through that again, I hope and pray. If it does come back, I will know to get help sooner.

So I am on another medication to help with some of the anxiety and fears I was having. I really am much happier and feel more relaxed. I feel like internally I am not feeling anxious, so there is no reason to be anxious. The medicine is wonderful in that sense.

So far my 2011 has been amazing.  A little update- my baby is 7 months and crawling into everything!  He loves cords and yesterday he ate some dog food and sat in the dog's water dish. He isn't sleeping so great, but he has a cold so I am hoping once he feels better he will go back to sleeping at night. I sleep most nights on a mattress in the kids room. The other night my husband asked if I was going to sleep in our bed. I told him I had to ask my roommates first!

I am very optimistic about this year. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I think the more positive we can be, that is what you tend to see and vice versa. Phill and I are planning to run a marathon in May of this year. It will be a day after my son's birthday. I am thinking of wearing a shirt that says, "For Phillip" The training is going to be rough but it will be an amazing accomplishment since it was one year from the birth of my son and when the Postpartum depression started. It will be another end to that storm. I am so excited!

2 comments:

  1. good luck training for the Marathon! I hope 2011 is a GREAT year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think it will be- so far so good!!!

    ReplyDelete