Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wrestling rookies

My husband is the head wrestling coach this year at the school he teaches at.  He has always been a coach, but this is his first year as head coach. He is still working out the kinks, and we are learning right along with him.

We love to go along to be supportive. The girls dress up in their cheer leading outfits!
So here is my family and my top ten signs we don't have a clue about this sport!

1. My foster daughter watches two people wrestling and she says, "he is loosing his earmuffs!"

2. My three year old asks after five minutes into the meet if it's over.

3. She then is super excited about the concession stand and orders a hot dog and a ring pop.

4. We damn near need a suitcase to attend a meet with the car seat, diaper bag, blankets and toys.

5. During the wrestling meet my three year old yells, "Hi Dad!" and won't stop yelling until he looks over at us and waves.

6. I was so excited about this season that I decided to have a big Christmas party for all the wrestlers, coaches, managers and cheerleaders. I am going to need a ton of food!

7. We had to change the date of the Christmas party because it was originally the day before a meet and the wrestlers need to cut weight.

8. I was loving this sport until my husband came home with a huge garbage bag of sweaty uniforms and singlets that we had to wash and hang dry.

9. I have no idea how the points are scored

10. But we yell and cheer like we do!

We love Wrestling season!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...you CRACK ME UP!!!! I used to have to watch all of my brother's wrestling events.....I still have no idea how the scoring works. I remember BEGGING families I knew to let me babysit their kids FOR FREE on Saturdays just so I wouldn't have to go to the tournaments.

    One of the wrestlers goes to our church so everytime I hear Pastor ask him how wrestling is going, I picture you with the kiddos and your suitcase with your little one screaming "HI DAD" and giggle a little!!!!

    ReplyDelete