Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Monday, November 1, 2010

Germfest

So we are on 14 days and counting of Germfest in my house. I started calling my house an infirmary.

Let's see, I had the flu first and then passed it to my husband and daughter. My baby had a horrible cold and was miserable. I ended up in urgent care and was told he had a viral infection. Yuck!  Then I came down with a horrible sore throat and a cough.  Our foster son was sick for three days with the flu. Just when we thought he was getting better, he had a relapse at 3:00 a.m. Gross! I am glad I got to hear it because I was up feeding a cranky and sick baby.

Then my three year old daughter's eyes were crusted shut. My new friend and neighbor told me it looked like pink eye. She was right. Pink eye in both eyes. So we have to do eye drops 4 times a day for 5 days. Every time we get near her with the eyedropper it is like a wrestling match to get the eye drops in her eyes!

I have cleaned the bathroom more times than I can count, I have finally caught up on laundry, my doorknobs are covered in Lysol (thanks to my mother-in-laws advice) and I am a local favorite at the pharmacy.

Baby Phillip was absolutely miserable so I tried everything I could to make him happy. I tried to play peek-a-boo, but I just scared him and he wailed even louder.  I tried to put him in his new jumper and he liked it for about ten minutes. I know he will love it when he is feeling better. So I gave him a corner of my chocolate bar. He lunged forward to suck on it! He had the biggest grin ever. It was great to give him some comfort even if it was only for a few minutes. Babies love chocolate-even though I am sure they aren't supposed to have it.
But sometimes we have to "just wing it" and throw out the rule book of parenting. Especially when you are going on 14 days and counting of Germfest.

Today I went to the doctor to find out I have strep throat and a viral infection. I look up and laugh... God you have to be kidding me. But now we get to start all over- One big happy cycle of fun!

2 comments:

  1. hoping that you are out of vomitville and the ickysickies soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have the flu too. YOur house sounds way worse though. IT is so rough with a baby because you can't give them much medication.

    I have learned that it is best not to confide in dh about a lot of things. It can backfire and be used against me during an argument.

    ReplyDelete