Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mom survivors

I took my daughter to her Awana club two Sundays ago. Awana is for children to learn about God and his word. My three year old and I go over lesson plans and go to her class which is called Cubbies. I usually drop her off for two hours and come back to pick her up.  This Sunday we were doing a forest walk, campfire, and picnic. It was amazing.  I loved sharing this time with my daughter and other moms and dads.
After talking to one of the moms, she pulled me aside and asked me if I was Phill's wife.  (I get asked that all of the time. He is kind of well known in this town as a teacher and the new wrestling head coach. Plus he is actively involved in leading high school students on trips to Kenya.)
She introduced herself and told me she read my blog. My husband sent my blog out to the entire school district-without my permission, but I know why he did. I was a little concerned at first, but then I was happy to share my story because I know more people need to be aware of Postpartum depression and how serious it can be.

She told me she was a Postpartum depression survivor also. We talked for a long time, while my daughter was yelling at me to get in the car. I hugged her and had such a great feeling about meeting her. I know God put me in this place to meet her. We have decided we are going to get together and we both share the same passion to get the word out there. She was on the news and has spoken to several different groups about her personal struggle with Postpartum depression.

After the business of the holidays settle down we will get together and meet for coffee. I am so blessed to have met her and I am very confident together we can bring more awareness to others out there. Another answer to my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment