Overcoming Postpartum Depression & Living and Loving God's Blessings

Friday, August 13, 2010

Intro

Remember the good old saying, "What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger." I never knew that being a mom would be so hard. I never imagined the pain I would endure and the trials that would come from being a mom. I read the bible and I know the curse of Eve. "I will greatly increase your pain during childbirth" God says. He doesn't just mean the physical pain in childbirth-which I think is enough of a curse as it is on it's own. He means the whole journey of motherhood from pregnancy to the rest of our lives being a mom.
Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom more than anything in the world. I would lay my life down in a second for my children. I would do it all over again.
What didn't kill me, but made me stronger was my recent hospitalization for postpartum depression.
I ignored all the signs.
I made excuses.
I was in denial.
I didn't need help... I could take care of myself.
I wasn't going to burden anyone with this.
I was just exhausted and once I got some sleep I would feel better.
I wasn't crazy. I don't need meds.
I have to take care of my family-there is no time to get sick.
This is where I will tell my story.

1 comment:

  1. Jodie, I thank you for opening my eyes to the trials of being a mother. I never knew that childbirth could affect the body so. Thank you for sharing this.
    -BF

    ReplyDelete